Thank you Jim Cordy and Bob Dolezal for you inspiring messages!

I suggest that we all follow the activity schedule suggested by Bob:
Beginning TODAY through 3/21: daily telephone calls and letters to Senators
and Representatives at their DC offices.
Call capitol switchboard toll free #: 800-962-3524 or 800-972-3524
Write: United States Senate, Washington, DC  20510
Write: United States House of Representatives, Washington, DC  20515

While you are talking to the DC office, get the phone number of the home
office and
call to schedule a meeting with the members during their break. Keep calling
and
insist on a meeting between 3/24 and 4/4.

We must also get this message out to those PWPs who are not on this listserv.
I am sure that many support groups are aware of the urgency for action, but
some may not be.

Search out groups and provide them with information. Call these national
PD organizations and ask for the group(s) operating in your area:
PDF - 800-457-6676, NPF - 800-327-4545,APDA Main #-800-223-2732,
APDA Young Parkinsonians - 800-223-9776.

There is a double tiered mailing planned for New Jersey. Advocates and
support groups
will be receiving a Strategy Planning Kit by snail-mail: List of NJ Congress
Members,
List of 104th Congress Co-sponsors, Table of research funding comparison
among diseases,
Sample letter format, PAN Cost of Parkinson's Disease Survey,etc.

Congress Members will be receiving a packet containing: a letter urging
their support,
List of 104th Congress Co-sponsors, Table of research funding comparison
among diseases,
Cost of Parkinson's Summary,etc

Call PAN for material you need to wage your campaign: 800-850-4726, or contact
[log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask] and we'll send you copies of what
we have.

If you are in NJ and have not been contacted yet, please email me or call me at:
609-921-6258.

We are ready!!!
Margaret

Margaret Tuchman (55yrs, Dx 1980)- NJ-08540