>My company prides itself on always using the latest and greatest
>"bleeding edge" software packages.  Unfortunately IMHO - as Mr. Gates and
>Microsoft rule the world - they do not always work flawlessly.  We
>switched from Microsoft mail to Microsoft exchange with NT mail servers -
>and the problems began!
>
>Whenever I send messages over the internet - the message includes a lot
>of uuencode garbage. These messages are operating system translating
>messages.  (unix to unix encode and decode) From what I can see, my
>messages are intact  - there are no attachments - so just ignore it all.
>  I have learned to turn OFF RTF (rich text format) which only makes my
>messages binary gibberish.  I'll continue to work on cleaning it up.

Exchange is "helpfully" including a file with information that allows other
Exchange clients to restore the message in all its rich beauty.

You can turn this off - I've sent you the information seperately. If anyone
else wants it, please ask, or you can find it on my web site
(http://james.parkinsons.org.uk/).

Simon

--------- My opinions are my own, NIP's opinions are theirs ----------
Simon J. Coles                                 Email: [log in to unmask]
New Information Paradigms                  Work Phone: +44 1344 778783
http://www.nipltd.com/                     Work Fax:   +44 1344 772510
=============== Life is too precious to take seriously ===============