Daphne: (17 Mar 97)
Regarding Hytrin: I was given Hytrin by a urologist, for a cond-
ition similar to that of your hushand, about a year before being
diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease. It caused a severe tremor like
that of PD, so I quit immediately. The urologist's diagnosis of
prostate obstruction turned out to be false, although he did at one
time admit that the hesitation and retention might have a "neuro-
genic component".
In hindsight, what we saw may have been the first visible symptom
of PD- On the other hand, after I was diagnosed with PD I strongly
suspected that Hytrin may have triggered it. I diligently searched
the literature for any report of a similar incident, and I think I
later inquired in the present forum, but never found anything.
For what it's worth,

Joe

J. R. Bruman (818) 789-3694
3527 Cody Road