A. D. Severance wrote:
>=20
>         3/17/97
>=20
> I spoke to  Carolyn in Governor Pataki=92s proclamation=92s office at
> 518-474-7516 with respect to a Proclamation that April will be Parkinso=
n=92s
> Disease awareness month.

We learned from Tina in the local office of the Governor here in
Rochester that there are only 4 people in the Proclamation Office
handling 3000 requests. Many calls will help, but we need to find other
ways of getting our message heard quickly. John McCabe of our group
delivered our request to the Governor's local office last week and we
followed up with a telephone call today. Donna told Tina that it would
look silly if the Governor did not proclaim April as Parkinson's
Awareness Month since proclamations have already been issued by our
Monroe County Executive and City of Rochester Mayor. Donna stated the
reasons Parkinson's Awareness Month was needed. Tina stated that she
would be going to Albany within the next couple of days and will present
our case. Other groups should contact the state offices in their area to
determine if the Governor has a representative there. They should work
through that person to get our message heard. Also, get your local
goverments to make proclamations.
John and Donna Testa