--------------7160750D3131

Date: Sun, 16 Mar 1997 10:17:38 +0000
From: Sherrie Randall <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
CC: [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]
Subject: 3/15/97 Symposium, Rochester, NY

A great up=-state wintry 20 degree morning  greeted over 200
participants in the PSGUNY/MIND unit-UR collaboration at the Academy of
Medicine yesterday in  Rochester, NY.  A bus from the Utica/Rome area
as well as a van from Binghamton NY brought people together who had only
met via email.  Interesting and informative talks were given by the
m.d.'s.  Other important work took place as well.  Nearly everyone
signed letters urging their Congresspeople to support the Udall bill and
thanking Sens. Moynihan and D'Amato for their willingness to do so. Joan
Mueller was there from D'Amato's office so we got to convey our thanks
to her.  A joint proclamation was read from the mayor and the county
executive's offices declaring April Parkinson's Awareness Month!   We
also heard via the toronto list serve late last night Pitaki was
following suit!(No confirmaation on this at this time).  PSGUNY is proud
to be part of the effort for awareness, education and support.  It feels
like the PD train has been refurbished with a high speed  engine and the
momentum is gathering at break-neck speed.   We in Rochester say it's
time!   We're silent no more!  That's all for now.
srandall for david look psguny in rochester,ny

--------------7160750D3131--