Ivan,

I  don't know what mail client you use so what follows may not be applicable.
I have created a mail folder which i have called Parkinsons List.
Everything coming in with 'parkinsn' in  any header is automatically
deposited in this folder.

I have also a second Parkinsons folder called Parkinson's Keep.

Each day I scan the mail in the first folder and transfer items worth
keeping to the second.   Then I delete everything that's left in the
Parkinsons List by high-lighting  (using Shift+Down Arrow or the 'End' key)
and hit the delete button just once....all gone.

Dunno whether you're still with me but it is  quick and easy in Eudora.

Hope This Helps
M.

At 02:17 18/03/97 -0500, Ivan Suzman asked:
>What is the quickest way to delete messages, in large groups, rather than
>one-at-a-time?
>
>I just had 289 messages in four days, and eventually I would quit the
>list if I had to spend too much time with the delete button!
>
>PLEASE save me and countless others from "Deletitis Nervosa!"

Mark  Atyeo
51 Alexander Mackie Circuit
Isaacs,  2607  Australia
+61 6 286 2606
Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like an apple.