Did anyone on the list VIDEOTAPE it?  Is it worth the effort of getting a
copy?

I watched that segment on the Learning Channel and don't think it's worth
the effort of getting a copy.  Unfortunately, they made it sound as though
all we PWP's had to do was get a pallidotomy and we are cured...a bit of
misinformation that could cause more difficulties getting the Udall bill
passed.  There was no mention of the continuing progression of Parkinson's
after the surgery and there was no comment on the patient's slurring of
speech after the surgery....the slurring wasn't bad but it was noticeable.

After watching that segment of 'How'd They Do That?', I will find it
difficult to believe any of their information, if I bother to watch it at
all.

Barb
Barbara Patterson                               [log in to unmask]
HSC 2J22                                        905-525-9140, ext. 22403
                        School of Nursing