I agree with your "Little Red Hen" analogy, and with your statement that
visiting in person is necessary.

I just received a letter from Sen. John Ashcroft.  Problem is it's the
same letter he wrote me last month.  When I asked him to co-sponsor the
Udall bill, he said he had problems with fetal research.  Our support
group wrote a very well thought out and reasonable response to this,
hoping to set up a dialogue.  Instead, he sends the same form letter back
again!

I have a feeling I could write to him saying "Your mother sucks eggs,"
and he'd reply:"Thank you for expressing your opinion on this subject and
participating in the democratic process. I will certainly consider this
when the bill comes to a vote in the Senate.  Thank you for writing."
I might send him that message just to see what happens!

So much for responsive government.  Hope to see you in Washington, the
seat of participatory democracy.  Hah!

Pat

  pine`