Hi my name is Nigel Harland, I am 42 years old and was diagnosed 8 years
ago. I read with interest two emails concerning the possible effects of
chemicals on PD sufferers.For several years whilst working for a well known
soft drinks maker (Schh..you know who..)  as a Quality technician, I was in
daily contact with Methanol which was used in two Quality Control processes,
namely sterilisation of microbiology equipment and as a constituent in the
testing of products for levels of saccharin, sodium benzoate and quinine.
Whilst I was not aware of any ill effects at the time, I have often
wondered whether this may have caused or contributed to my P.D. Any
comments would be welcome.. Nigel Harland           [log in to unmask]