>The following article may be useful to advocates as we develop our
>material for our discussions with senators and congressman. Looks like
>Senators Connie Mack (R) and Ted Kennedy (D) understand where we are
>coming from with the economic case ie. spend research dollars now and
>save megadollars later. Of course there is a case base on compassion too
>, but in todays time compassion with economic benefits seems to be the
>winning combination.

----  snip ----

Senator Kennedy was on the Today show this morning discussing the Duke
study, and yes, he mentioned Parkinson's.

Some months ago, and almost in jest, someone on this list suggested that
$100 million was too little to ask for.  Could be, could be.

Is this news about the push for major NIH funding of research on
debilitating diseases like Parkinson's going to (favorably) affect the PAN
strategy and our effort toward the Udall bill in particular?

Art

J. Arthur Hirsch
Lewisville, TX
Home of the Fighting Farmers

  . Always Remember This:                     .
  , Happiness Is Right, So Choose Happiness.  .