Hello

My name is Carol Brow and I take care of my mother,
Mary Louise Brow, who is 87 years old and has both
parkinsons and dementia.

She has very little tremor but almost no balance and can
not coordinate enough to feed herself or do much of
anything. She takes sinemet which relaxes her muscles
enough so that with me behind her holding her up,
she can walk a few feet with tiny steps to get into or out
of her wheel chair or into the bathroom or assist me in
dressing her.

On Monday she began taking Aricept, one 5 mg tablet
per day. Within a half hour she was bright eyed, knew
where she was and who we were. She carried on a normal
conversation and when I got her up to walk she stepped
right out with an almost normal stride.

I still need to have a hold of her to walk but she carries her own weight
and doesn't freeze in doorways or other narrow spaces.

She picked up her cup and drank from it without assistance
where before she might fumble for it and spill it or not be able
to hold it because it was too heavy even though it was only 1/3
full.

This has kept up for three days. She is witty in conversation
and can almost stand up by herself from a sitting position.

Has anyone had experience with Aricept?

Can it be given more than once a day? Why I ask is that she
regresses by morning and that if she took one at bedtime it
should carry her through the morning.

I'm so pleased with the results that I encourage anyone with
dementia to give Aricept a try.

Carol Brow
Lake Leelanau, MI and
Winter Haven, FL