Hi. I'm a new member. My 80-year old mom has parkinson's for about 7 years.
I saw Carol Brow's message about Aricept today. Carol: Do you have more
information about this drug. I couldn't find it mentioned in the Physician's
Desk Reference. Does it have another generic name? Did your neurologist
recommend it as a secondary drug for your mother, similar to Permax? Do you
know where we can order it from?
     Also, my mom has these "spells" from her Parkinson's. During the spell,
her whole body feels lousy, her tongue hangs out of her mouth, she gets
urinary incontinence, and her face kind of cruches up and becomes red. Yet,
she walks better during these on-off "spells" than when she is feeling
normal! Has anyone else experienced these spells with similar symptoms, and
has your doctor diagnosed them as due to the Sinemet, the Parkinson, a combo
of both, or some other reason? Thanks for your help.
    Joel Turtel ([log in to unmask])