With gratitude to Barb Patterson for her gracious permission in permitting me
to post the following proposition on her list.

To those whom are interested in the following, you are urged to save or print
this message as I'll only be posting it this once since I don't want to
interrupt the normal flow of conversation on the List.  Message follows:
------------------

This is a classic case of "the shoemaker's kids going barefoot" 'cause the
shoemaker's too busy making everybody else's show to make 'em for his own
children.

My job in the "real world" is as the forum manager of The Microsoft Network's
(hereafter called "MSN") "Chronic Disease & Disorders Forum.  In the 18 months
that CD&D has been online, I've watched many of our disease-related
discussion/chat areas grow into active, warm and supportive online groups...
almost family-like in their care and concern for each other.   I attribute
much of this feeling to my staff of 13 individuals, each living with their own
chronic disease(s).  They're a terrific bunch...

Of COURSE there's been a PD support area in my forum - how could there not
be?! <smile>  PWPs ambled in one at a time over the months and because there
was only ME as the "resident Parkie," in my forum, I instinctively referred
all to our  PD List, 'cause I felt it very important they "connect" with SOME
Parkinson's group.   REALLY DUMB on my part 'cause this was counter-productive
to building a viable online PD community on MSN.  Still... I was too busy to
devote any time to building up the PD area, and there wasn't many PWPs to
approach to offer that jo to.

THE PROPOSITION:  I need an individual with Parkinson's as the Assistant and
eventually the Chat Host of the MSN's Chronic Disease & Disorders Forum's
Parkinson's Disease Newsgroup and Chat.  I need a DETERMINED individual who's
willing  to coax, cajole, sneak 'round, grab, coddle, plead and otherwise get
PWPs to not only LOOK at the Parkinson's Newsgroup/Chat but to convince 'em to
STAY and to POST, CHAT and otherwise become the nucleus of a lively
Parkinson's Disease presence on MSN.

In return, I can offer a free unlimited full-service account on MSN - but ONLY
if you dial direct to one of MSN's phone numbers (this cannot be done thru an
ISP).  We're now on the Internet so you'd have full Internet/WWW access as
well.  Access to our hidden Staff Lounge BBS is also included which is not
only in information source, but also an "online family within an online
family."

By the way, residence in the USA is NOT a requirement, as our staff isn't
hampered by international borders.  Ya DO need to have Windows 95, and will
find it necessary to download the upgrade to the MSN Internet program (it's
free)

We DO require a compassionate individual, and one who has a lively sense of
humor because in my forum, laughter is looked upon as almost a form of medical
treatment.  Patience is needed because the PD Newsgroup won't grow overnite...
but it WILL grow if there is someone dedicated to seeing that it is nurtured
and attended on an almost daily schedule.

This job does NOT require a lot of TIME (yet) but will require determination
to hang in there for the time needed to permit growth.  It will also require
nerves of steel as MSN's new Web interface is STILL very buggy, and is in a
constant state of evolution and development... In other words, the system
itself is crotchety, and unpredictable as all get out!   But them of us who
call it "home" bolster each other up throughout it's 'lectronic shenanigans,
figuring it's BOUND to get better  SOME day!  <grin>

IF this sound like your cuppa tea, please email me at the address listed
below.

I look forward to hearing from ya.... (VIA EMAIL!!  Not to the List)

Barb Mallut