Hello again.  I'm sorry for that messy  letter sent earlier.  This is a
repeat, but hopefully in a more readable style.

Recently Beth wrote:
 "Now let me tell you the good news. I was going to wait a day or two longer
to check if it is virtual or real, but since I'm on the topic I'll say it
now. I'm having a pretty rapid and good response to the Symmetrel. I've only
had 1 caps (forget the dose, but sm. brown torpedo - dainty thing it is!) at
bedtime for 3 nights. I was v. grumpy after the first night. Didnt' sleep
well. Tossed 'n turned. And I'd been sleeping v. well before this. Same on
2nd night. That day I noticed in the afternoon, while shopping (bane of my PD
life) that I wasn't so fumbly with my purse. Thought nothing of it. 3rd night
woke several times but slept again quickly and well. Woke this morning to
greatly increased movement in my l-hand. My daughter (she's an RN) saw it do
its tricks and is sure it's no placebo effect."

Beth and friends on the List -
   I was very encouraged by your response to Amantadine, Beth.  I started
taking it at just about the same time (about three weeks ago) and I don't
think there has been any effect yet.  The literature does suggest it takes
awhile, but I wanted a response like yours.  I'm wondering if part of the
difference could be the type or dosage.  You described your pills as small
brown torpedos.  Mine are small red torpedos.  Mine is 100 mg/capsule and is
a generic. Should I be asking for the brand name?  Have any of you noticed a
difference in the brand name and generic of Amantadine?  The first two weeks
I took 100 mg/day.  I'm now taking 200 mg/day.  Anyone have any ideas?  Am I
in too big of a hurry?  I feel fine--no side effects, but no "main" effects
either.
Thank you.
Aloha, Joan Dykstra (56yo, 8 yrs, Eldepryl, Amantadine)