Listfriends,

I am having increasing freezing spells, severe nighttime stiffness, and
painful muscle tightening, when my PD drugs wear off,  and sweats as
side-effects of the drugs.  NADH and anti-oxidant juice, weekly full-body
massage and daily walks are not enough to halt these things.   I try to
cope with PD with a graceful smile and a good attitude, meanwhile.

Pallidotomy is an often-mentioned option, but the speech area of the
brain is vulnerable during the procedure. I  have talked to two PWP's who
are  post-pallidotomy.  Both have obvious slurred speech!

 I am a bass singer in the Maine Gay Men's Chorus.  We performed at the
New England Conservatory of Music in Boston last  night.  I was so
thrilled to be able to control my PD enough to mask it, and sing my heart
out.  The concert was called, "Voices of Freedom."

I treasure my singing in the chorus, and will not risk losing my singing
voice.

NOW  WHAT??

Since a pallidotomy could ruin my voice, how do I evaluate the "success
rate" of various surgeons??

Who tracks this information for PWP's and CG's to review?

I'd rather die than stop singing with my gay brothers and lesbian
sisters.

Please advise.  But, a warning, those few of you who need to "lecture" me
about using the word "gay" on this list can go see a psychologist.  I
don't need that bad attitude, and neither do the rest of us!

Thank you kindly.

Ivan 47/10
Portland, Maine