Ken,

I haven't had a problem with cramping in the arm, but have experienced my
right foot cramping & curling up.  It does make walking very difficult.
Earlier on, a combination of Eldepryl, Amantadine, & Parlodel gave moderate
help with the foot cramping.  But since I've added Sinemet 50/200CR
twice/day (about 5:30am &  2:00pm), the problem has gone away.  I've been
doing alot of walking recently, up to about 3 miles at a time, and haven't
had anymore problems with the foot cramping.

I also experienced the foot cramping while swimming, which along with the
gradual loss of the ability to coordinate kicking with arm movement, made
swimming impossible.  Since I've added Sinemet, I'm back to swimming 1/2
mile, 3 times/week.

I would suggest that you talk to your MD about a change in your Sinemet
schedule, possibly adding Eldepryl.  I know the experience with Sinemet
varies
widely on this list.  But I've had good experience with Sinemet CR.  I also
strongly suggest some sort of regular physical exercise, even if you start
out with a very short session.  I have made exercise a daily requirement
and I believe that exercise  enables a person's body to more efficiently
utilize medication.  I recommend walking, swimming/water exercise, T'ai Chi
and other slow stretching exercises.  When practicing T'ai Chi, it actually
is a feeling of pleasure to feel muscles tightened by Parkinson's gradually
loosen up.

                           Charley Countryman (46/6)  [log in to unmask]