----------
> Fra: Ivan M Suzman <[log in to unmask]>
> Til: Multiple recipients of list PARKINSN <[log in to unmask]>
> Emne: PWP's and massage therapy
> Dato: 24. marts 1997 06:26
>
> Listfriends,
>
>  I am in my 10th year of PD, and my family doctor, wonderful man that he
> is,  has prescribed weekly full-body massage for me, to  relieve severe
> muscle and joint pains due to PD-related dystonia and stiffness.
>
> Unfortunately, I cannot afford private insurance. I am "not working," and
>  therefore, I am on medicaid and medicare.
>
> Meanwhile, the massage  is wonderfully helpful, but also is too expensive
> to continue,  without medicaid and/or medicare coverage.
>
> This coverage has so far  been refused by Maine Medicaid.
>
> We plan to appeal this decision.  Suggestions from those of you with
> relevant experience, especially to help us to  document the importance
> of massage therapy for PD, would be greatly appreciated.
>
> You may write my doctor, my massage therapist and me at the following
> address:
>
> Thank you!
>
> Ivan Suzman, PWP.......Dr. Bruce Kenney, DO....Jason Rounds, LMT
> 16 Back Cove Estates
> Portland, Maine 04103

Hello Ivan.
I can tell you  that in 1996 The Danish Parlement adopted a new law, the
result is that  PWP have permission to have physioteraphi without to pay,
because we have a progressiv incurable diseas. One time a week I join my
physioterapist.
If you will like to have further information, please maile me.
Regards from
Sonia Nielsen