On Sun 23 Mar, Joanne M. Nuzzi wrote:
> My mother was diagnosed with PD about 8 years ago.  Since then, I have
> seen her get progressively worse.  She is on two types of medication:
> one is Symmetrel(?) and I'm not sure of the other.  However I have seen
> no noticable or unnoticable improvement with the medication.
>=20
> Lately she is beginning to lose her balance and fall.  This bothers me
> as she still works and takes public transportation to and fro.  Several
> years ago my sister and I both purchased pagers, should an emergency
> occur.  I believe they have been used 3 times to date.  Money well
> spent.
>=20
> Mon has refused to let us go with her to the doctor's, but Sis and I are
> planning on attending the next visit.  We just don't feel she is telling
> him everything.  Or, are all these symptoms normal?  Shouldn't the
> medication help with the 'shakes' and balance control?
>=20
> Thanking you in advance for any insight you could give.
>=20
> Joanne
>=20
>=20
Hello Joanne,  It is always risky talking about what 'should' happen in=20
the case of an individual PWP, because there are so many subtle and not-so
-subtle differences between us. At 8 years, I would say that your mother=20
is still within the theraputic range of the tablets, but it is no longer a=20
case of 'swallow a couple of tablets and forget about it. I could write
so much about the subject, but to avoid repetition  I have written a paper
which Ron Vetter has placed on his web Site, which describes how I have
managed to stretch the effective range of levodopa to 17 years. I suggest
that if you are interested you read it and then come back to me. I am
aware that some people find it quite daunting, perhaps because I go into
the way that the program works at some length.=20
Remember: You don't need to know how the program works=A0to use it - its=20
really quite straight forward.                                                       =
You will find the description on:-

         http://www.ridgecrest.ca.us/~rfvetter/brianspd.html                  =20

        If you get no response, split the URL in two:

     Go to http://www.ridgecrest.ca.us/     - This gets you into the site.
   =20
    Then go to  ~rfvetter/brianspd.html      This finds my page.
Regards
--
Brian Collins <[log in to unmask]>