Ken Lane wrote

<<I'm sitting at my computer attempting to write this letter and all my
muscles seem to be fighting against each other. This problem seems to be
getting worse as the months go by. Sometimes it gets so bad I have to go
and
lie down until I'm relaxed. The parts that are affected the most are my
right arm and left foot. When it's at it's worst my arm bends up behind
my
back and feels like it's going to break. If I attempt to walk around the
block for a bit of exercise my left foot twists up so that I am walking
on
the very edge of my foot. When that happens I have to sit down somewhere
until it relaxes. This sometimes means siting in the gutter which I find
quite embarrassing. If I try to keep walking it gets to a point when I
start
to fall over and my foot and ankle feel that they are about to break.
Can
anybody relate to this?  I'm currently taking two 100/25 Sinemet tablets
before breakfast and lunch, one after tea and one at bedtime.>>

Ken, I suggest that you are getting less from your medication than you
would if you take the six 25/100 Sinemet at 2.5-hour intervals through
the day. The two tablets at breakfast and at lunch are too much after
about 30 minutes, then, too little after 2.5 hours.

You might also find that walking backwards or on tiptoes can sometimes
help.  Some use Vitamin E to help. Walking frequently as exercise may
help. Adding Eldepryl or generic selegiline hydrochloride might also
help via increasing dopamine and other effects including increased blood
flow.

 Rosemary Russell wrote about pain:
<<A member of my yopd support group asked if I could find out anything
for him about pain with pd.  I don't have pain (like he has), but have
heard others discuss it before.

His pain is mainly in the shoulder region, though he apparently has it
other
places as well.  He says it is almost constant and is sometimes so bad
he
cannot sleep.  The pain in his shoulder is almost unbearable.
This man is 46, diagnosed about 2 years ago and on sinemet 25/100 ( 1/2
a tab
three times a day) and eldepryl.  He works in construction full time,
but his
boss has him making deliveries now in order to make it easier for him
/less
stressful.>>>

I am surprised that the amount of Sinemet is only 150 mg. per day. I
suggest that he try twice that amount by taking half a tablet six times
per day - after checking with his doctor.  It may be undermedicating
that is his problem. Does he take one or two Eldepryl?

Reminder: there is some medication in bloodstream "typical" data in the
sub-pages available on my homepage in the Parkinson's section. this
should help in your understanding why I and Brian continue to recommend
less medication more often. The URL is the bottom line in my signature
below.
best wishes to all.
--
ron      1936, dz PD 1984  Ridgecrest, California
Ronald F. Vetter <[log in to unmask]>