gilman wrote:

> Dear List Members,
>
> My husband, Bob, 46, PD 7 years,  can fall asleep OK, but always wakes up
> at 1, or 2 or 3 AM wide awake and can't go back to sleep.  He has mentioned
> this to the neurologist before, but the neuro said "we all have difficulty
> sleeping"  and more or less blew him off.  His neuro is otherwise a great
> guy tho.  The neuro seemed unaware that this is a common complaint of
> PDers.  Bob has tried Benadryl (the CORRECT ONE), but there was a nasty
> side effect -- unable to urinate.  If anyone takes a sleeping pill or
> tranquilizer and it works, please let me know because we are going to the
> neuro next week and would like to take some info with us.  He takes
> Eldypryl AM, second one at Noon, 3 25/100 Sinemet, 2 Permax.
>
> Thanks for your thoughts,
>
> Jackie

Dear friends,

My thoughts about this situation are :

1. Your doctor is rigth.This is common with the kind of meds yours
husband is taking.

2. I would'nt mind much about the case and would try to fill the time
doing anything interesting such as readings,watch TV,ligth work etc.etc.

3. I would try to take Eldepryl only in the morning and observe the
results after some days or week.Depending on the results I would try
other actions.

Best wishes,
--
   +----| Joao Paulo de Carvalho   |------ +