gilman wrote:

> Dear List Members,
>
> My husband, Bob, 46, PD 7 years,  can fall asleep OK, but always wakes up
> at 1, or 2 or 3 AM wide awake and can't go back to sleep.  He has mentioned
> this to the neurologist before, but the neuro said "we all have difficulty
> sleeping"  and more or less blew him off.  His neuro is otherwise a great
> guy tho.  The neuro seemed unaware that this is a common complaint of
> PDers.  Bob has tried Benadryl (the CORRECT ONE), but there was a nasty
> side effect -- unable to urinate.  If anyone takes a sleeping pill or
> tranquilizer and it works, please let me know because we are going to the
> neuro next week and would like to take some info with us.  He takes
> Eldypryl AM, second one at Noon, 3 25/100 Sinemet, 2 Permax.
>
> Thanks for your thoughts,
>
> Jackie
 jackie, I also have trouble sleeping quite often, wake up once or twice
during the nite only to have the cats wake me at 5am for food.  I have
tried taking melatonin, which is an all natural ( im not sure what,
enzyme, vitamin, herb???) product which comes alone or with other
natural sleep adis such as passionflower, camomile, catnip and the one
that i have is with valerian,( an herb).  It seems to work pretty good.
you can get it at the helathfood store or such place.

sweet dreams
lisa in paradise