Ivan M Suzman wrote:

> Listfriends,
>
>  I am in my 10th year of PD, and my family doctor, wonderful man that he
> is,  has prescribed weekly full-body massage for me, to  relieve severe
> muscle and joint pains due to PD-related dystonia and stiffness.
>
> Unfortunately, I cannot afford private insurance. I am "not working," and
>  therefore, I am on medicaid and medicare.
>
> Meanwhile, the massage  is wonderfully helpful, but also is too expensive
> to continue,  without medicaid and/or medicare coverage.
>
> This coverage has so far  been refused by Maine Medicaid.
>
> We plan to appeal this decision.  Suggestions from those of you with
> relevant experience, especially to help us to  document the importance
> of massage therapy for PD, would be greatly appreciated.
>
> You may write my doctor, my massage therapist and me at the following
> address:
>
> Thank you!
>
> Ivan Suzman, PWP.......Dr. Bruce Kenney, DO....Jason Rounds, LMT
> 16 Back Cove Estates
> Portland, Maine 04103
Iva, check out any massage schools in your area, portland is pretty
happening these days there should be something fairly close.  the
massages at the schools are really cheap, maybe free.  I alos tried to
get my insurance cio to cover massages and they wouldnt I had a letter
from my neurolgist and recieps from the masseaus but... no go , not
covered.  Fortunately I have made my weekly massage a ritual that is in
my budget.  theyre great!