I also was saddened to read of your father's struggles, and the pain this
caused all of you. In addition to Living Wills, there is a document which is
LEGAL in many states called a Durable Power of Attorney for Health CAre.
It allows one to specify the treatment one would or would not want in case
one is unable to speak for her/himself, and appoints another person to
be a "proxy" and speak for one.It may be changed at any time while one is
competent, BTW. A great blessing for patients AND for families.

Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter, 78/7, Oxford,Ohio
"Ask me about the CARE list for PD caregivers!"