Jack Orrell wrote 24 Mar as follows:
Subject: Sinemet and Fatigue
J.R. Bruman and Others:
I do not wish to be an alarmist but have you and your medics
considered angina as a possible cause of your back pain? Your pain
apparently occurs between the shoulder blades. I had the same
symptoms 17 years ago and it was the precursor of a severe heart
attack. This incidently was long before I became a PWP or got
involved with Sinemet. I sincerely hope you have already determined
that your heart is not the cause. In my case, my doctor, at that
time, ignored my reports of severe upper back pain until it was too
late and the damage was done---which may account for my 'hyper'
concern.
Jack Orrell

Thanks Jack, for good advice which we all should heed. As for
myself, except for routine checkups (including ECGs) that don't seem
to worry the doctor, I haven't reported the peculiar back pain that
accompanies mental or physical fatigue, and I shall do that. Not
trying to be my own doc, but I'm not worried either. Thanks perhaps
to a lifetime of mountain hiking (pre-PD) and biking, my cardio-
vascular shape isn't too bad (for age 75 and overweight). Blood
pressure is up from 120/80 to 140/80, resting pulse up from 55 to
60, plantar pulse still present, last time I checked. The fact that
the pain disappears promptly after a Sinemet dose also argues
against a heart problem. But I agree, my regular doc should be
kept informed.

Cheers,
Joe

J. R. Bruman (818) 789-3694