Dear Fellow PDer's,
I have been working with a speech pathologist to improve my speaking.  When I
told my speech pathologist about this list she was very interested in tapping
its potential resources to gain information about this important problem.  For
this reason I would like to request that those of you with speech problems
respond to the following questions:

What kind of speech problems do you have?
        Problems of volume?
        Initiating speech?
        Maintaining speech once started?
        Is your speech too fast?
        Other?
Do you stutter?  If so, in what situations?  When speaking in front of groups?
Is tension a factor?
Do you work with a speech pathogist?
If yes, how long have you done so?
How would you rate your degree of improvement it any?  (say 0% is no improvement
and 100% is normal speaking)
Which speech techniques have you found to be helpful?
If you have speech problems, how constant are they? i.e. do they vary with the
time of day or level of medication? or fatigue?
Can you sing a familiar song?  How well?
Surgical history?
        Have you had a Palidotomy? Right side or left side?  Bilateral?
        When did your speech problem begin relative to surgery?

Any other comments, suggestions or ideas...

Thanks very much for participating in this informal survey.

Regards,

Tom