I've written before about my mother, Joyce, who was diagnosed with early
stage PD about 2 months ago. She was given Sinemet, but didn't seem to
react to it. The doctor switched her Sinemet schedule so that she takes the
same amount on a daily basis, but smaller doses more often. (She's now at
1.5 25/100 a.m. followed by 1 tablet of 25/100 3 more times throughout the
day.) Tonight she will start adding Permax (slowly over the next few
weeks).

Yesterday she forgot to take the Sinemet and said that she noticed the
difference, although, as I've said, when taking the Sinemet, she doesn't
notice an improvement. (It's sort of like not noticing someone when he's
around, but then missing him when he's not, I suppose.) Is this enough of a
reaction to Sinemet to support the PD diagnosis?? (All of her symptoms
point to PD; it was the lack of benefit from Sinemet that was getting in
the way of the PD diagnosis for me.)

Thanks, Debbie White