Sid - thanks for sharing the article Insomnia: When and How to Use
Sleeping Pills.
I too have had sleeping problems for a long time and take eldepryl +
25/100 sinamet.  My neurologist first prescribed Restoril and then ambien
which I take nightly.  Otherwise I would be awake all night several
nights in a row.  I work full time and decided that if taking a pill
helped me rest, it was worth it.  I can't say my sleeplessness started
with taking eldepyrl since I was in the original datatop study and have
taken eldepryl for over 5 years. Melatonin did not help me either.
Reading the article gave me reassurance re ambien.

Rosemary Paul
Community Services  x3919