I think the "morning after drug" basically consists of a rather massive dose of "ordinary" birth control pills.
The change in status is that this dosing is now recognized for this purpose.

RU486 (or whatever the number is), if I recall correctly, is a non-surgical alternative to abortion.  It's fairly complicated, with several trips to the doctor, major discomfort, etc.  Developed in France but not yet available here for obvious reasons.

Don't know if post-RU486 fetuses would be suitable for research and/or transplant.

Mary