Barbara has had speech problems for several years. Volume is a big problem,
initiation of speech when "off" ; occasionally speaking too rapidly, with
some slurring and excessive saliva. (Complicated by my own loss of hearing.
You should hear what I think she says on occasion.)

She has tried voice amplification which is somewhat helpful. She has also had
speech therapy three separate times. The "usual" techniques have been of
limited benefit. The best results was about six weeks of therapy based on a
modification of the Lee Silverman Voice Therapy Techniques developed by Dr.
Lorraine  Ramig in Denver ([log in to unmask]).

Any technique requires constant practice and reinforcement.

Barbara has not had surgery. Her medications consist of Sinemet, Sinemet CR,
Permax and eldepryl, She has had PD about 4 1/2 years since diagnosis.

I have gone to "NO MAIL" for about ten days because of vacation. Please
respond to me via regular e-mail [log in to unmask]

Allan