I have trouble with volume one-on-one also, tho I can boost it up when
speaking in public.  (I did have what some would call a panic attack but
was more like a p--sed attack when I had to substitute for one of my oversleeping workers and introduce a speaker whom I wanted to impress; I was
so mad, I had a difficult time getting enough breath to utter a sound.  Stress will do it!)

I also have trouble with articulation of certain sounds, i.e. double
esses, ells and p's-- the word "particularly" wraps my tongue in a knot.
 My speech deteriorates as the day goes on; by 9pm I'm often hoarse and a
bit mumbly.  Meds don't seem to matter.  I have not had any speech
therapy but I do practice the exercises in the APDA booklet on speech
problems--when I remember to--and sing every chance I get.

Kathy Kunz, 61/d94/sym92