Hi, I thought I would share my story with you who are interested in PD.
It began to be very noticeable in May 1995 that there was something
wrong with my husband, Garnet. He was doing strange things and not
wanting to eat. He must eat you see as he has had diabetes for over 35
years and is insulin-dependent. Then he began to stay on his bed in one
position for a very long period of time. He got so bad that he lost 40
pounds in 2 months and could hardly walk at all. He needed constant care
and we had to have people with him every minute. He would cross and
uncross his legs, complain that they hurt, that the air conditioner be
turned on or off, depending on his mood which was constantly changing.
One day he fell, he could not be picked up by me as he was dead weight
even at 148 lbs. I had to call the ambulance drivers and it took three
of them to lift him to the bed. That did it for me. I called a nurse
friend of mine and she helped me get him into a nursing home. In October
of that year he had been assessed by a neurosurgeon as having PD and was
given Senimet, which after a couple of months turned him back on the
road to being more like he used to be. Haveing known him so long, I see
things about him that maybe others don't see. For instance, he told us
yesterday that the year was 1999 and today he couldn't remember the
nurse's name. That scared me as she has been looking after him for well
over a year and 1/2 and he couldn't remember her name! Will he forget
me?
Can someone tell me what to expect from here on out to his departure?
As for tremors, they seem to be only in the right hand. He had a stroke
that affected his right side movement, arm and leg.

I am Marcia Mc Cabe  [log in to unmask]

And thank you for reading my story. Of course there is more but I don't
want to bore you.