Please accept a suggestion from a SOAP (Son of a Parkie) I have always
had terrible handwriting, I tried to learn to type at an early age, but
was frustrated with typewriters with archaic erasing systems, starting
with the rubber erasers and brushes that would wear out the paper, and
then the electric  one with a white cartridge where you had to swap it
for the ribbon cartridge each time you made a typo, how convenient, for a
person who typed about 10 errors a minute with one word, and that is NOT
a typo, maybe a slight exageration! These days my radio hobby brings me
to many thrift shops and consignment stores and yard sales. I see so many
computers, and dedicated word processors, in PERFECT working condition,
with all the books and hardware, for as little as $25. They are usually
obsolete as computers, most have monochrome displays, but I have seen
some fancy ones too, for $100-$300. I learned to type much faster, and I
rarely have to look at the keys, since I started using computers to read
my email.  If you decide to shop, be sure to have the unit demonstrated
in the store, doing whatever you need to do, and try to pick one with a
household name, so if you need a ribbon, or ink cart, or a part, you have
a chance to find it, besides thriftshops don't give guarantees, so you
might have to go shopping again, if your first choice dies prematurely,
but if you shop carefully, you might be set for years.  P.S. if ANY partt
of the system is missing, which prevents it from working in the store,
pass it up, because even a 50 cent fuse missing, can indicate expensive
repairs or parts are needed. You wouldn't buy a car that you couldn't
drive away from the car lot, RIGHT? I hope this is of some help.

[OO] LOOKING FOR RADIOS!
Ken Becker