        My mom just had a "seizure", where she totally blacked out and was
taken to the hospital. She's had Parkinson's for over 8 years. They took all
kinds of tests for her brain and heart and blood tests, but found nothing.
The neurologist at the hospital then said it could be a "seizure" caused by
Parkinson's disease. He then gave her the drug Dilantin, which is supposed
to help prevent seizures, mostly for epileptics.
        Has anyone in the listserv even experienced, known about, or had
their neurologist tell them that Parkinson's can cause "seizures" where the
person totally blacks out. I've seen nothing in the literature on
Parkinson's about this. I don't know if the neurologist is right. Has anyone
any experience with this or the drug Dilantin? Thanks for your help.
        Joel Turtel: [log in to unmask]