As I understand the action of RU486 [sounds like it could be a PENTIUM
precursor based on the number], there would be little or no chance for
harvesting useful fetal brain cells.

At 06:34 PM 3/26/97 -0500, you wrote:
>I think the "morning after drug" basically consists of a rather massive
dose of "ordinary" birth control pills.
>The change in status is that this dosing is now recognized for this purpose.
>
>RU486 (or whatever the number is), if I recall correctly, is a non-surgical
alternative to abortion.  It's fairly complicated, with several trips to the
doctor, major discomfort, etc.  Developed in France but not yet available
here for obvious reasons.

>Don't know if post-RU486 fetuses would be suitable for research and/or
transplant.

>Mary

And here's to long "ons" and short "offs"

WILL JOHNSTON   4049 OAKLAND SCHOOL ROAD
                SALISBURY, MD 21804-2716
                410-543-0110
Pres A.P.D.A.  DelMarVa Chapter