Hi all,

My name is Cynthia.  I am 36 yrs old and was diagnosed with PD 2 years ago
(although experienced symptoms for 6 years).  I'm very pleased to find this
place on the net to interact with all of you.

One question I have  has to do with Pycnogenol, a super anti-oxidant.  I've
heard that it is helpful to people with PD.  Has anyone out there tried it or
know of anyone who has?

I'd like to connect with PD people my age to chat about things like
occupation, how you manage work and PD, social situations, exercise, driving,
etc.

The hardest thing about this disease for me is the inconsistency in mobility
and mood.  I feel like I'm riding a roller coaster. The "on" and "off" times
vary in intensity, length and time of day so much that I can't pinpoint a
trend.

I take .50 mg (just recently up from .25) of permax and sinemet cr 25-100
approximately 8 times a day.   Also, 50 mg of zoloft per day (to keep me
happy).  Feels like a lot of drugs to me.  Is this excessive according to
others' experience?

The thing that helps me the most to deal with PD is regular exercise (the
more I move, the more I can move) and a twisted sense of humor ( my husband
contributes heavily to the latter).  Can't help but laugh at some of the
strange and bizzare things that PD does to my body and my brain.

Anyway, I look forward to hearing from others.

Thanks.

Cynthia Stegall  ([log in to unmask])