Daphne Shaw wrote:

> ----------
> Sent:   Wednesday, March 26, 1997 11:12 AM
> To:     'PARKINSN'
> Subject:        Dementia
>
> Hi: J. C.:
> I really don't take you seriously about euthanasia or suicide but at one time,
> years ago, I felt pain so constantly that I didn't want to live with it the
> rest of my life.  That's another story.  You are running an endurance race and
> you are hoping that you have the WILL to keep running.  You may feel defeated
> but it's honorable to "keep on keeping on"... Look at the college competitive
> wrestlers.  Look how hard they trained and how much each wants to win.  It
> must be humiliating to give up.  But, how about, just before one of them faced
> defeat he drank a cup of poison.  At that point he has placed his life in his
> own hands.  Self can be our worse enemy.  Self has tried to defeat us many
> times and we learn to overcome our  enemy, despair and humiliation,  by
> calling out for help and believing it's out there. .  God gave us each other
> and we are as close as e-mail.  Suicide says, "I'm tired of it all.  I want to
> quit."  The WILL to live says, "I want to give up but I need to keep on
> sharing." You are showing us how to live with pain.  I pray for some relief
> for you. In the meantime, we want you to know that you have ones out here who
> care, so keep us posted on how  you and PD are doing in the wrestling match.
> S/ a mother

Hi dear friend,

Thank you for your kind words,but I may have give the incorrect view of
my well being and way of think. I am so far OK as far health,pain etc.My
PD is quit mild and does'nt hind me of my physical demands and
activities. As for eutanasia and suicide I am a defendant of it only in
circusntances that are excepcional as everything in life. One has to be
carefull of course to reckonize them.See, even the cells (neurons) commit
suicide if necessary to correct some error in the development of our
brain connections.We have to fight as long there are chances to win and
as said before there are circunstances that there is no use of it unless
ones have a tendency to be masochists, or for their religious convictions
and beliefs.

Warm regards,
--
  +------| Joao Paulo de Carvalho |-------+