HI TOM,
I saw you on TV about 4 years ago. Thanks for your interest in speech. =
 I was diagnosed 5 years ago.  My speech problems are a low raspy voice =
without much volume.  Also I clear my throat often.

Another problem I have is coordinating breathing with talkking.  I get =
short of breath while talking and I must stop talking to catch my breath.

Last May I was in charge of reservations for a dinner dance.  The evening=
 of the dance I talked  much more than normally - greeting people and see=
ing they were properly seated.  I had to talk as loud as possible to be =
heard over the band. --Well after an hour of this I was grasping for brea=
th, I had no volume.  The stress, tension and fatigue were the cause of =
this

When in a stressful situation I have trouble finding the right word.  Als=
o I have problems pronouncing long difficult words.   I guess that sums =
up my problems with speech.
Best wishes to all,

Margie Nestler 63/5
Carnegie PA.