 Dear MRS and MR Ashley,
    I dont know about "research" on people with PD but I've been using it
for the past 10 or so weeks.
My original purpose for taking it was to try and combat the  unrelenting
fatigue I was experience.
As you know Ritalin as used by most adults acts as a stimulant and I was
hoping to keep my eyes open during the day. The Ritalin did even better for
me......It reduced the Fatigue by about 70-80% and then continued to move
on reducing other swmptoms. my Blepharospasm? diplopia avoidance? or as I
prefer to call "DIRT IN THE EYE? [Haven't figured what that is all about
....yet.I mo longer experience  any eye closings while the drug is still
working [about 3 hours] unless I'm under stress. AND this has led to a
chain-like effect. Fatigue---->eyes----->UNfroze my forehead[part of the
mask?] ----->I stopped yawning---->stomach muscles Relax------>toes
uncurland stop clenching------> MY WALKING/ WALKING BACKWARDS becomes
easier ------> I'm a happy man. Of course this response is co-produced by
daily exercise, good eating habits,other meds, a very positive attitude and
a whole lot of support from family, friends and "my team" of health care
providers.

And yes, the chain ettect works in reverse. I shut down in stages. Actually
a bit funny . My eyes close and within a matter of seconds I start to yawn
and at the other end my toes curl!!

BY THE BY I'm well in to my 50ies and have had 2 Pallidotomies. One other
thing Ritalin is a controlled drug and can be tricky. On the other hand it
has a half-life of 2-4 hours.  Of course You should not take the above as
an endorsement of Ritalin. As I'm sure you know each PDer reacts in their
own sweet or not so sweet manner

Hope the Above is useful to you all.
       george

AMAZING GRACE