Hi Michael---If it's not too late, and you haven't already included this
idea, here's something we just did as a "tip" for helping a PWP get up
from bed.  I bought  some nylon/plastic rope and attached a length to
the foot of the bed--actually around the legs of the frame that supports the
spring and mattress. Then I tied the ends together, and wrapped the joint with
duct tape--both to keep it tied, and to provide a sort of handle. It should
be long enough for the PWP to reach while lying down,but still "at arm's
length", for good leverage.  Peter finds it helpful when I'm not present,
and I find it helps my back!
 Hope the work is going well--

Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter, 78/7, Oxford,Ohio
"Ask me about the CARE list for PD caregivers!"