Now let me tell you the good news. I was going to wait a day or two longer to
check if it is virtual or real, but since I'm on the topic I'll say it now.
I'm having a pretty rapid and good response to the Symmetrel. I've only had 1
caps (forget the dose, but sm. brown torpedo - dainty thing it is!) at
bedtime for 3 nights. I was v. grumpy after the first night. Didnt' sleep
well. Tossed 'n turned. And I'd been sleeping v. well before this. Same on
2nd night. That day I noticed in the afternoon, while shopping (bane of my PD
life) that I wasn't so fumbly with my purse. Thought nothing of it. 3rd night
woke several times but slept again quickly and well. Woke this morning to
greatly increased movement in my l-hand. My daughter (she's an RN) saw it do
its tricks and is sure it's no placebo effect.
Beth -
    I was very encouraged by your response to Symmetrel.  I started it at
just about the same time (about three weeks ago) and I don't think there's
any effect yet.  The literature does suggest it takes awhile, but I wanted a
response like yours.  I'm wondering if part of the difference could be the
"type" or dosage.   You mentioned that your pills were small brown torpedos.
 Mine are small red torpedos.  Mine is 100 mg and is a generic.  Should I be
asking for the brand name?  Have any of you noticed a difference in the brand
and generic of Amantadine?
   The first two weeks I took only 100 mg per day, then increased it to 200
mg/day.   Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks.
Joan Dykstra