To Barb , Nancy, and Don, as well as other PWPs. (Yes, Barb, I'm HERE!)
There is indeed a CARE list for CGs, and the discussion you wrote about has
taken place there , believe me.  I try to post the notice about the CARE
list regularly fr new members here, without doing it so often that I bore
everyone else !  That is also why I mention CARE in my signature, and I've
had quite a few inquiries as a result of that.  That list is a place where
CGS can and do "vent" About the pain, frustration, and problems of their role,
and  where they share the positive experiences which  are also part of our
daily lives.  It's not all "doom and gloom", believe me.....
That said, I thank you for sharing your honest reaction to the thread about
NH as a last resort--and believe me, it IS that, and CGs try to avoid that
"solution" as long as possible, using all their strength,as well as home health
care,etc. I have yet to read one CG's post which indicated that their PWP
was in any way "dumped" or moved to a NH as a matter of convenience. The
stories are full of love and sadness when that alternative is unavoidable.
In order to continue to function, live the best we can each day, all of us
have to practice a little healthy "denial", just as we do when we know that
we can be hit by a car tomorrow, but go on planning the day's activities.
I know I "stuff" a lot of things that may be part of a future reality but
would only make me depressed now-that's just a way to cope, and a healthy
one, too.
Since CGs belong to and read this list, as well as CARE, I expect that
they will be sensitive to the feelings you have expressed, and I again
invite all CGs to join CARE, which now has about 230 members in 15 countries.

To do so send  to:<[log in to unmask]>
 this message in body (no subject needed): SUBscribe CARE(your full name)
 You will be sent further information by my co-owner, Jeff Jones,the
techie wizard of CARE!

Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter, 78/7, Oxford,Ohio
"Ask me about the CARE list for PD caregivers!"