Fellow list members -

Just a note to thank all of you who have written (both privately and via the
group) with words of support.  Hopefully, I will continue to improve and send
encouraging reports on the pig-cell implant surgery.

Brian Collins asked if the doctors offered any thoughts on when the results
might be considered to be "permanent."  The answer is, "No," they have not.
 As Dr. Ellias said to me, "We just don't know."  This is largely unchartered
and unknown territory.

In fact, he chastised me when I volunteered to have the procedure done on the
other side of my brain.  I made this announcement in the presence of a
Diacrin Corp. official and insisted that she relay the message to her
superiors.  For those of you who don't know, Diacrin is the research company
that is trying to bring this operation to a commercially viable state.  At
present, however, there are no plans for the surgery to be done bi-laterally.

As far as the use of Sinemet is concerned; no one has said a word about its
future in my regimen.  The fact that I can function at all after being off of
it for 15 hours seems to indicate that I am now producing some natural
dopamine on my own.  This must be a case of "Time will tell."

Regards,

Jim Finn