hi Friends:

Per Barb 's  request to mail our leaders I have sent the following letter=
Senator McClain, Congressman Upton and Senator D'Amato.=20

It is easy to do if you have a word processor. Once you have written the =
body
of the letter just change the heading for additional receipents. I am now=
 in
the process of sending a letter to all who have signed on. see Barb's pri=
or
post

With a little chane in the first paragraph you can restructure the letter=
any party who has not signed on.=20

Help the cause  send as many letters as you can today since offices are
closed and you can not call Congress man today.

Of course you should alter the facts to fit your situation.
April 1, 1997

Honorable John McCain
241 Russell SOB
United States Senate

Washington, DC. 20510

Dear Senator McCain:

Thank you for your support and leadership on behalf of people with
Parkinson=92s Disease.

At the age of forty-nine I was stricken with Parkinson=92s Disease. I man=
aged
to continue working till I retired last year at the  age of fifty-six. I =
was
 earning about $ 000,000.00 per year as a trial attorney.

My disability and those with early onset of the disease place a heavy
financial burden on the Government and the private sector. I am applying =
for
Social Security Disability plus private disability plans. My medical cost=
are $ 18,000.00 plus  per year and in two years my medical costs will be
another burden on the Social Security trust funds. I estimate that the co=
st
of my illness to society will exceed $ 0.000,000 if I live to  age
sixty-seven when I would normally retire.

I also  notice on the internet that Parkinson=92s Disease is striking you=
nger
and younger people and that the mean age  of diagnosis is now fifty-seven
years old. If this trend continues, more people will be receiving Social
Security Trust Funds at an early age  and fewer people than expected maki=
ng
contributions.

As I attend  support group meetings, I see many people drained of energy,
strength and who are unable to articulate their  plight. Scientists and
researcher s express the possibility of new medicines and a cure if more
research dollars are invested as proposed by the Parkinson=92s Bill. Lets=
 apply
more research funds to keep people with Parkinson=92s Disease working lon=
ger
and leading a healthier life.
 =20
For  those who no longer can speak for themselves and myself, I wish to t=
hank
you for your support.

Very truly yours,

A. Dale Severance