I remember a while ago there were some inquires concerning people in the
ceramics field/art field and if there was a higher incidence of PD in  people
that worked in those areas.
I found an article posted on the Yahoo- Health Summary site dated 3-27-97,
titled
Metal Exposure May Play A Role In Parkinson's.
I quote" This is the first study to link work-related exposure of 20 yrs or
more to specific metals with any chronic neurodegenerative disorder" said Dr.
Jay M. Gorell the lead author of the study.
The metals mentioned were, iron, copper manganese, mercury, zinc and lead. I
know that glazes used in pottery contain metals as well as paints that
artists use...and metal sculptors of course with the welding rod and metal
itself......
The source of this info came from Neurology(1997;48:650-658)
The site address for this particular bit of info is;
http:www//.yahoo.com/text/headlines/970327/health/stories/parkinsons_1.html
Hope this is helpful..
Best wishes to all and to all a good night(didnt Santa say that? oh well..)
Karen
Daughter of Rita V.B. 76/13 PD