At 06:48 PM 3/30/97 -0500, you wrote:
>At 09:37 PM 3/27/97 -0500, you wrote:
>>Does anyone have any experience responding to a congressman who would not
>>cosponsor because of earmarking ?  I am seeking as many ideas as possible.
>>Thanks
>>Barbara
>>
>Dear Barbara,
>
>The theory is give the money to NIH. They should know where to spend it
>best. Ran into this with Senator Roth [R. DEL].  It makes  sense to have the
>"pros" at NIH decide, but with pressure from others we are getting short
>schriff.
>Will
>And here's to long "ons" and short "offs"
>
>WILL JOHNSTON   4049 OAKLAND SCHOOL ROAD
>                SALISBURY, MD 21804-2716
>                410-543-0110
>Pres A.P.D.A.  DelMarVa Chapter
>
>This is also what Senator Wyden, D. OR, Said. Then he said in essence "Let
them eat cake, I haven't time for such things." I still bug him about it on
a regular basis. I haven't had any kind of response from our senator from
the other side of the isle, Gordon Smith. I think he will soon get tired of
hearing from me.

Like sawdust in a cyclone,
so are the thoughts of woodworkers.

David L. Moreland