Ken, pp 105-6 of Duvoisin's book discusses protein. I read elsewhere that
levodopa competes with other protein for limited access through the small
intestine wall to the bloodstream. Therefore if taken with protein, a
bigger dose of Sinemet is needed to get the wanted effect. Duvoisin
recommends a low-protein diet, but concedes that people don't like it,
and it's harmless to just take more Sinemet. My own tactic is to take the
Sinemet on an empty stomach, and wait a half hour before eating.

BTW, I have an old plastic table model Zenith, but it wouldn't have value
to a collector because I defaced it with vent holes to keep the 42 from
cooking the plastic, also added a trimmer control through the top. Makes
a fine unit for the garage workbench.

Cheers,
Joe

J. R. Bruman (818) 789-3694