Just a quick note to thank all of you for the many insightful comments regarding
speech problems and PD.   In the next week or so I shall summarize these
findings  and report back to you the results of this informal survey, including
a few thoughts of my own.

For anyone interested in this subject who did not see my originl post, I thought
I would resubmit my "survey" one more time and invite any additonal response.

Thank you again,

Sincerely,

Tom

I would like to request that those of you with speech problems to
respond to the following questions:

What kind of speech problems do you have?
Problems of volume?
Initiating speech?
Maintaining speech once started?
Is your speech too fast?
Do you stutter? If so, in what situations? When speaking in front of
groups?
Do you work with a speech pathogist?

If yes, how long have you done so?

(Say 100% improvement means you can speak normally and 0% means you haven't
improved at all)
How would you rate your degree of improvement if any?

Which speech techniques have you found to be helpful?
 If you have speech problems, how constant are they? i.e. do they vary with
the time of day or level of medication? or fatigue?
 Can you sing a familiar song?    How well relative to your ability to say the
lyrics?

Surgical history? Unilateral palitidotomy? Right side or left side?  Bilateral
Palidotomy?

When did your speech problem begin relative to surgery?

Any other comments, suggestions or ideas...