I don't believe you need an SSDI lawyer located geographically near you.  A
good friend of mine highly recommends an outfit in Chicago that specializes
in these claims.    We live in NJ.  They just got him on it after a two
year fight, with the back payments and  immediate access to Medicare.  His
contact at the firm appeared at all the necessary actual hearings - I think
there were only two.  He had to undergo a number of appeals first; he's got
Lymnes Disease and his only symptom is fatigue.  I can dig out the name and
# if anyone's interested.  I talked to someone there and she told me that
PD is not difficult if you  know what to say because it's a "listed cause"
or some such terminology.  I'm going to use them right from the start when
I'm ready.  Although someone on this list, a regular contributor I believe,
 is involved with an operation (non-profit?) that does it nationally and
does not take the maximum allowed cut (up to $4,000 in back benefits) as
all the commercial firms do. That might be worth finding more about. It
just seems so ludicrous to refuse SSDI to a PWP who is not working.  Who
the hell is going to hire someone with PD?  I don't believe I would have.