My 2 cents worth on Sinemet and (mental or physical) fatigue: Dopamine
is ubiquitous in the body, not just the brain. Some is made by the
adrenal glands, some is leftover from the levodopa (Sinemet) that
fails to get into the brain. I don't know just what function it has
outside the brain (neither, judging from replies to my inquiries, do
authorities) but I suspect it acts as neurotransmitter in the muscles,
and other places.
When I'm tired after exertion, fatigue appears as pain in upper back,
mostly on one side, around T1 or T2 as far as I can tell. (I don't
think it is referred pain of angina). If I advance the Sinemet
schedule and take a dose (half a 25/100) the pain and fatigue disaappear
within seconds!
I'm familiar with "end-of-dose" feelings (lethargy, depression) and
when to expect them in normal conditions. That is exactly what is
accelerated by any unusual exertion.
Bottom line: Exertion increases need for dopamine, inside the brain
and (I think) elsewhere. When symptoms caused by exertion appear, moving
up the next scheduled Sinemet dose will make them disappear. I should
expect that reaction to any other stress, such as a visit to the
dentist, would be abolished in the same way.
Cheers,

Joe

J. R. Bruman (818) 789-3694
3527 Cody Road