A possible side effect of Eldepryl is brain seizures.

My aunt, had PSP (a PD+), showed seizures on EEG
after being hospitalized for not being able to
swallow well for several days. Dilantin was given
tho it is contraindicated with PD drugs. Her ability
to move improved for a few days then her body went
completely limp.

She took Eldepryl for 3 years. We were considering cutting
the dosage from 10 to 5 mg/day. She died from pnemonia
after one month while still limp and on a feeding tube.

My Caregiver lesson was that brain seizures are similiar
to, but different from, the common "freezing" that we
see everyday. I mistook short seizures for long freezing
spells. After half an hour, or a few hours -- a nap -- her
functioning would return. So when freezing seems too long
-- it may not be freezing. I was fooled for months.
Check with your neurologist. Perhaps EEG is the only way to tell.

 |       @..@        A.J. CONOVALOFF                                 |
 |      (----)      "The Molokan Cyber-Cowboy"            __o        |
 |     ( >__< )      PSP Support Groups of Arizona       `\<,        |